Tuesday, December 6, 2022

DIY Tactical Throwing Tomahawk Composite Handle Replacement From Repurpo...

This tactical throwing tomahawk took one too many bad trips at the backyard practice range. I hated to see this finely crafted and still useful piece of metal collect dust and rust so I decided to put a new handle on it. Just so happens I'd recently re-handled my pick axe with a new handle so had this old one laying around just begging to be repurposed. So I did just that by cutting it to length, cutting a slot for the blade to fit, and fastening it with some repurposed door hinge pins. For adhesive I used some gorilla glue and some JB Weld epoxy. Worked like a charm. I'd say it's not really a throwing tomahawk anymore...actually I guess it's not even a necessarily a tomahawk at all. It's more like a new and sharp hatchet or camping axe. After putting a "new" handle on it I grinder sharpened the blade. Back in working order now. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment