Monday, February 15, 2021

DIY Vintage Looking Coat Rack Repurposed From Old Bed Rails [DIY COAT RACK]

This DIY Vintage Looking Coat Rack Repurposed From Old Bed Rails [DIY COAT RACK] can also easily be done using repurposed pallet wood. I couldn't see tossing perfectly good pieces of thick wood away and had a request for a long coat rack. The timing was perfect. I took the old varnish off the bed rails with a dewalt brand 4" flapper disc and it worked like a charm. Once all the old varnish was removed I cut 45 degree matching bevels in the adjacent ends of the pieces of wood so they would fit together. I then pre-stained the fresh pieces of wood and let dry for about 45 minutes. I then stained them with walnut stain. Once the walnut stain was dry I measured the length of the coat rack and spaced the hangers out accordingly. I used my stud finder to find some the studs to screw into then screwed it to the wall. The customer was very happy with the results. This was a fun little unique project. I always get satisfaction from making stuff out of material that may have otherwise been thrown away. 

Step by step pictures with explanations of this project (and many others) at my website: https://www.diy-technician.com/post/diy-vintage-looking-coat-rack-repurposed-from-old-bed-rails-diy-coat-rack

Here's the discs I use to quickly remove the varnish from the old boards (paid link):
DEWALT DW8310 4-1/2" x 7/8" 120 Grit Zirconia Angle Grinder Flap Disc: https://amzn.to/3jQnoP9

Woodworker's Treasure Chest: https://b51238owaxdtfzc52ejrvrcub7.hop.clickbank.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment