Wednesday, February 16, 2022

DIY Toyota Tacoma Headlamp Changeout Process and Upgrade [Toyota Tacoma ...

This video shows you the simple process of replacing your headlamps on a Toyota Tacoma. I had just completed shining up the outer headlamp surfaces (see my video on this) with a 3M brand headlight restoration kit but wanted to further improve my night driving visibility. It had gotten so bad that we couldn't barely make out the white line on the side of the roads in certain areas that were not otherwise lit up. The new headlamps are "100%" brighter according to the packaging and cost around $50 at the local NAPA auto parts store. Between cleaning and polishing the outer surface of the headlights and changing out the bulbs, the night vision while driving has improved quite a bit. I was glad I went with the 100% brighter as they actually were not as bright as I thought before installing them. I didn't want to be the jerk out there whose headlights are so bright it appears that the high beams are on. This is not the case with these just in case you were wondering. The new headlamps come with a 3 year warranty as well so I keep the receipt and old headlamps (for backups) just in case I needed to cash in on that warranty. The steps for chaining this out are very easy and are as follows:

No tools necessary.....

Step 1: Open hood
Step 2: Remove electrical connector plug from back of head lamp (it pulls straight out by hand)
Step 3: Remove rubber boot
Step 4. Unlatch holding spring
Step 5: Pull lamp out and install new one

It's just that easy!!!! 

Please stop by my website and check it out:
https://www.diy-technician.com

Here's a paid link in case you want to change out the whole light assembly rather than polish the old ones:
For Toyota Tacoma Headlight 2005 2006 2007 2008 Driver and Passenger Side Headlamp Assembly Replacement:
https://amzn.to/3nyzxeB

No comments:

Post a Comment