Wednesday, December 18, 2019

DIY Shotgun Shell Coat Rack Made From Repurposed Antique Boat House Wood...



In this Do it yourself 12 gauge shotgun shell mounted coat rack made from old torn down boat house wood and spent shotgun shell I show you step by step on how to make this cool arts and crafts project. This is a great addition to your home, cabin, or shop. You don't necessarily have to use old wood even though it does add to the cool factor. Just get a piece of cedar or any piece of wood and template out your holes to drill with the spent shotgun rounds. When I did this I measure to find the centerline of the pieces I used so all of the holes lined up right. If you want to offset them as I did in a couple of the racks, just measure out two horizontal lines evenly spaced. Once I figured out where I wanted to drill the holes I did just that. I used an auger bit because that was the size that I had in my toolbox that matched just a gnats ass over the shotgun shell diameter so it would fit in there nice and snug. For visual effect I used a heat gun and gave it a burnt look. I inserted the shells into the holes and used a brad nailer to secure them to the piece of wood. You could also use some epoxy. Now it's ready to mount to the wall.



Shotgun shell ashtray: https://amzn.to/35IcPWA



www.diy-technician.com


No comments:

Post a Comment