Saturday, December 28, 2019

DIY How to Replace Kitchen Sink Faucet Spout Filter (Aerator)-Make New A...



Kitchen sink spout spraying all over? Not getting enough water flow from the sink faucet? It's likely the faucet spout filter is clogged. In this tutorial I show you the simple process for accomplishing just that. I didn't realize it until I removed the old one that it needed to be replaced with a new one. This won't be the case all the time as you may just be able to clean the old one off of sediment, plastic, etc and reinstall it. In my case, the filter was damaged therefore not doing it's job. I do filter all of the water but this screen holds back the big particulates. I couldn't believe how much crap had built up on my filter. I'm surprised it flowed as well as it did. Amazing how much stuff is in our water. Changing this thing out is simple. Mine takes a 22mm wrench. Take the 22mm wrench (or vice grips if you don't care about the finish) and turn it counter clockwise to loosen. Once off, clean it all off and inspect for damage. If damaged, then replace. If still good, reinstall. The screen that I removed did not have a gasket but luckily the new one came with a gasket. If you are going to get a new one I recommend you take the old one to the hardware store with you to match it up. Pull it out of the package in the store and be sure it's the correct size and thread pitch. There is not a huge risk here for the most part as many of them are standard size. I believe the technical name for these is a sink faucet aerator.



Order from amazon: https://amzn.to/2rC7SQd


No comments:

Post a Comment