Friday, December 6, 2019

How to make a Wine Cork Birdhouse-Tutorial Demonstration



Do you like to drink wine or know someone who does? Don't toss those great wine corks out! You can re-use them for so many things. The fact that most of the wine corks have unique designs and prints on them make them most interesting and colorful when re-purposed into different projects. I started with a couple cut-off scrap piece of cedar fence slats that were ready for the landfill and constructed my rood first just to see how it would go to get an idea for size. Then on a base piece started nailing the base row of wine corks with finishing nails. With no real plan I freestyled some wine corks on top of each other nailing each one down individually to eventually shape a nice little bird house. It was almost like a puzzle because each wine cork has a little bit of a different diameter and length to it. I then cut to 45 degree angle shapes, drilled and then nailed them to the top of the wine cork house base frame. This gives the roof support as well as something to nail it to. Then I drilled and nailed the roof to the triangular pieces. Now it's all ready for use. The use of the repurposed material was great because cedar and wine corks don't readily break down and rot quickly so this thing was built to last a long time out in the wet and cold elements. I placed it out in a field next to my house and eventually a family of birds moved in and called it home so that was rewarding. I placed some bird feed near it as well as time went on to attract them.

Visit my website: www.diy-technician.com

Wine Cork stopper https://amzn.to/31mOQKx


No comments:

Post a Comment