Friday, December 6, 2019

Kwikset Door Knob and Dead Bolt Installation Instructions



I purchased this new Kwikset Brand Door handle and deadbolt kit from Lowe's for about $40 or so. Got the kit home and started unboxing it and setting my parts out prepping them for installation. I gave it a rough assemble just to see how it is all going to go together so I had an idea of what to expect once I put it in the door. To get the process started for the door handle itself,  I put the latch core inside the door for a test fit. The nice thing is that almost all doors come with standard size pre-drilled and prefabricated holes to accommodate standard door handle kits. The next step was to loosely insert the inside and outside door handles for a rough fit up. Now I inserted the long set screws in through one side and threaded them into the opposite side (inner to outer). I screwed them down snug with a Phillips head screwdriver. Then I slide the decorative collar of that and it just snaps on. After that comes the handle itself. I slid the handle on and tightened it down with an Allen wrench which comes with these types of kwikset kits. I then did the same thing with the other side. For the next step I screwed in the two screws for the latch that secure it to the door. I tested for smooth operations with no binding or sticking.



Deadbolt portion:

I inserted the latch or core of the dead bolt into the door for a test fit. After knowing that it fits well it was time to place both halves of the dead bolt locking assembly into core or latch portion. The somewhat semi circular shaft fits snugly into the latch insert. Once fit up I lined up the set screw holes so they can be seen from the opposite side. Then it was time to insert the set screws and secure them tight. I ensured smooth operation with no sticking or binding. The door is now capable of being fully secured.



Kwikset Door Knob and Dead Bolt Installation Tools Needed:

Phillips head screwdriver

Allen wrench (usually provided)



 Lock & pin pad https://amzn.to/2WICLRu



My website: www.diy-technician.com

No comments:

Post a Comment