Thursday, June 6, 2019

DIY Pallet Project: How to make a Pallet Playhouse


Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle! Upcycling materials for useful projects is most fulfilling. In this case the ground work foundation was laid with old pallets and the 2 X4's were pulled from an old building that was torn down. The tarpaper and shingles were left over from when I put a new roof on my house. Pallets are easy to come by and pull apart. I was actually able to obtain a bunch of nails when I  pulled them apart as well. A couple of them I had to straighten with my hammer on a flat surface.

Sorry for the horrific music. I was messing around on my acoustic and seemed like a good idea at the time to use it as a soundtrack. Most pallet projects are made to look a little rough so you can make most of them with standard electric and hand tools.

This playhouse was a joy to build. It got a lot of use by mine and the neighborhood kids. Once they grew out of it, it became a chicken coup that held numerous chickens that layed us many many fresh eggs. I even ended up making some egg laying boxes out of pallets for the chickens.



Once the chickens were gone it became a lawn and garden shed where I stored all my oils, gas, paint, tools, yard tools, etc. If you like pallet projects check out my youtube channel as I have a ton of DIY pallet projects.

If, after watching my DIY pallet playhouse construction video, you don't want to build one yourself, than maybe you can purchase one of the below.



MyShedPlans Banner 300x250

No comments:

Post a Comment