Wednesday, August 21, 2019

How to Unclog a Bathroom Sink and How to Remove Sink Drain Stopper



n this video I discuss and demonstrate a method of unclogging your backed up bathroom sink. I start with the least invasive and try to unclog the bathroom sink by using a pair of hemostats to fish out any debris around the drain as this is sometimes the only fix you need to do. This was not the case in this instance of this plugged up drain. The sink stopper needed to come out. This means the up and down mechanism must me disassembled. This is done by going underneath the sink and unthreading the fitting that secures the up and down joint. Once unthreaded it can be pulled out. Now there is a hole in the pipe so if you run your water anymore it will run out the hole all over the place. Now you can remove the stopper from up above. In this instance there was some debris down inside the drain that needed to fished out. After removing all the debris that was reachable I reassembled the parts. The sink was still not unclogged though so I had to disassemble again. I decided to give it the water pressure treatment with the garden hose as I've had many successes in the past using this same method. Once I flushed whatever was plugging it down the drain with the hose pressure, I reassembled all the parts. What you want is a whirlpool or eddy look of the water as it goes down the drain. If it bubbles or gurgles a bit then it means something is impeding the water flow and it's still plugged.
Ultimate Hemostat Kit:
https://amzn.to/2Hj5PVX


No comments:

Post a Comment