Wednesday, October 23, 2019

DIY Chicken Egg Laying Bin Station built from Re-purposed Pallet Wood



From my scrap pile of extra pallets I need to make a DIY Chicken Egg  Laying Bin Station built  from Re-purposed Pallet Wood. My chickens are now laying eggs to they need they're own area in which to be comfortable, relax, and do some laying. I broke down a few pallets and I removed all of the nails with my pry bar and hammer. I was able to reuse a few of the nails. It's always fun to use the brad nailer so I secured everything with it. Once the nails were removed I lined up the now new raw materials (pallet slats) and then nailed down a couple end pieces to secure them all together and then one across the middle. This piece will act as the bottom. I did the same thing for the back piece. Just made an "L" shape with the wood then also nailed some side on it and then a front piece as well. The chickens were a little standoffish at first but once I put some bedding in there they took to it really nicely and played some eggs.



www.DIY-Technician.com


No comments:

Post a Comment