Saturday, October 5, 2019

DIY Kwikset Door Handle and Dead Bolt Installation



In this "How To" DIY Kwikset Door Handle and Dead Bolt Installation, I take you step by step through the installation process after I replaced my front house door to an upgraded model.

 This was a first of it's kind for me as the handle was a little bit different style than what I'd done before. It'd still turned out though.

The first thing you'll want to do is remove all your parts from the package then lay them out on a table or the floor next to your door.

Take the door knob insert and test fit it into it's hole in the door and make sure you know which way it's supposed to face depending on which way the door swings and closes. In this demo I did a test run on how the handle mechanism operates outside of the door prior to installing just so I understood and could see what was going on with the thing. I put the insert and the large handle portion in the door loosely. The smaller handle portion needs some assembly.

Now loosely assemble the rest of the parts in the door as shown. Tighten the smaller door handle first via the Allen head set screw. Now go ahead and tighten everything down.



www.diy-technician.com



Tools you'll need for this job:

Cordless driver or manual Phillips screwdriver: https://amzn.to/31S3OIi



Allen wrenches: https://amzn.to/3396IZz

No comments:

Post a Comment